If you type in a search engine the phrase “learn Russian”, it is more than likely that you have a certain intention to begin studying the language, which is spoken by about 500 million people worldwide.
Some facts about the Russian language:
- The Russian language ranks fifth after Chinese, Hindi, English and Spanish, as per the number of people speaking it.
- Russian is the official and working language of the UN
- The bulk of Russian speakers live in Russia and the former Soviet Union countries.
- Nowadays, Russian is studied in 140 countries
- The Russian language belongs to the Indo-European languages, which connects it with Greek and Latin.
Everybody has their own purposes of language study, but no matter what this purpose could be, mastering a new language is always an interesting and exciting experience. Maybe it is your time to start studying Russian and get positive emotions from the result!
Put one more check mark in the list of languages you speak!